Heal cracked heels, naturally
What it does: Himalaya’s FootCare Cream cares for your cracked heels and rough feet with natural ingredients. Enriched with the goodness of Honey, Turmeric, Fenugreek seeds and Sal Tree extract, this cream leaves your feet feeling soft,in just 72 hours!
Sal Tree extract is used as an ingredient in ointments for skin diseases and in ear medicines. Its antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties help heal cracked heels.
Honey, with its bactericidal and antiseptic properties, is extremely important in Ayurveda. Used in a variety of medicines, honey is also an effective moisturizing agent.
Turmeric has been used as an antiseptic for centuries. The herb also contains strong anti-inflammatory properties, which soothe your feet gently.
Fenugreek has been traditionally used in Ayurvedic medicines and is an excellent moisturizer, specially formulated to hydrate dry skin. Applied externally, the herb is also beneficial for boils, abscesses and ulcers.
Ginger is used externally as a local circulatory stimulant which keeps the feet warm, preventing the skin from cracking due to the cold.
Directions for use: Wash feet with lukewarm water and pat dry. Apply the required quantity of FootCare Cream over the affected area twice daily, once in the morning after bathing and again at bedtime.
Information from www.himalayawellness.com
Satavari is a delicious paste for after meals.
Ancient wisdom says it pacifies Vata and Pitta or air and heat, that is pacifies dryness, can pacify hot flushes by coolness and pacifies sweet cravings with sweetness
This is NOT A MEDICINE but a famous Ayurvedic preparation for ladies especially as well as dry, hot and acidic men.
GOOD for conjunctivitis
For total tonic for all eye ailments see ISOTINE
Used for cleaning the teeth, inflammation of the gums, gum disease, bad breath and bleeding gums.
Apply with finger or toothbrush and massage for 2 min
CD – Universal Meditation
A wonderful kirtan, with a story from the sages of the Forest of Naimasaranya, written 2042 BCE
A meditation without meditation
Joyful, uplifting and profound
Inspired by the chapter from the Vedanta Sutras
Presented by Jayadharma
Kirtan by www.mantrolgy.com
What it does according to Himalaya:
Himalaya’s Protective Sunscreen Lotion is a double-action formulation that protects you from harmful UV rays and, at the same time, nourishes your skin.
Himalaya has received a US patent for CINNABLOC, an active sunscreen agent used in Protective Sunscreen Lotion. CINNABLOC is extracted from the herbs Spiked Ginger Lily and Greater Galangal, which have natural UV ray shielding properties. The US patent has been granted for the discovery of a natural sunscreen composition and using it in a herbal cosmeceutical product.
With an SPF of15, Himalaya’s sunscreen gives your skin protection from UV rays.
A blend of naturally derived ingredients including Spiked Ginger Lily, Aloe Vera, Greater Galangal and Crab Apple, help protect skin from the damaging effects of the sun, which include tanning, premature aging and skin cancer.
• Spiked Ginger Lily has a wide range of therapeutic benefits. The powdered rhizomes of the plant are used as an antiseptic agent and for muscle aches and pain. Its warming properties make Spiked Ginger Lily an effective skin moisturizer.
• Aloe Vera, known for its many healing properties, can be used topically or consumed in its juice form. The leaf of this plant has a number of therapeutic properties. It is rich in enzymes, polysaccharides and nutrients which exhibit antibacterial and antifungal action. A natural UV inhibitor, its hydrating, softening and intense moisturizing properties nourish the skin.
• Greater Galangal, also known as Thai or Siamese ginger, is a natural skin protector which guards the skin from UV rays and premature aging.
• Crab Apple is a rich source of vitamins and prevents skin cell degeneration and premature skin aging.
Directions for use:
Apply Protective Sunscreen Lotion liberally on exposed skin including the face, neck and arms before going outdoors during the day. Avoid the area around the eyes.
Suitable for all skin types.
Useful tips for sun protection:
• Limit exposure to the sun from 11 am to 4 pm, at the time when the sun’s rays are strongest.
• Shield yourself with an umbrella, hat, sunglasses and long-sleeved clothing when you go outdoors to physically block out the sun’s harmful rays.
• Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with active ingredients that block both UVA and UVB rays.
• Sunscreen should be used every day, including cloudy days.
• Use a sunscreen with at least SPF 15. This offers adequate protection for everyday use.
• Sunscreen should be applied liberally and evenly before going outdoors during the day.
Information taken from www.himalayahealthcare.com